Coming Soon: First Ascent Arlington Heights
At First Ascent, our mission is to serve and grow the local climbing community with indoor climbing gyms that feature world-class climbing terrain, state-of-the-art fitness equipment, high quality climbing, yoga, and fitness classes, and fun events that bring the community together. We are excited to announce our first location in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago and our biggest gym yet: First Ascent Arlington Heights!
FA Arlington Heights will be an adaptive reuse of the former CoCo Keys Water Resort next to the One Arlington apartment high rise. The renovation is part of the $200 million Arlington Downs redevelopment that will bring new energy to Arlington Heights. We are ecstatic to join this exciting effort!
First Ascent Arlington Heights will be located at 3400 W. Euclid Ave in Arlington Heights. The 45,000 square foot Arlington Heights facility will feature:
- 22,000 square feet of climbing terrain up to 55 ft. tall featuring top rope climbing, lead climbing, and bouldering at all your favorite angles built by Walltopia
- Routes and boulder problems for all ability levels, from new climbers to seasoned experts
- Open, airy format with large windows to let in plenty of natural light
- Yoga and fitness classrooms with a full schedule of classes as well as small group and personal training led by certified trainers
- Fitness area with state-of-the-art cardio equipment, free weights, and functional training equipment
- Climbing training area with Kilter Board, Moonboard, campus boards, and hang boards
- Expansive locker rooms with showers and changing area
- Pro shop with all of the climbing gear and FA schwag you require
- Easy access from North and Northwest suburbs – located right next to the Euclid Ave exit of IL-53, a quick shot up from I-90 and I-290
- Plenty of free, dedicated parking
We look forward to serving the Arlington Heights community with this new facility!
More info coming soon on Facebook. Like the FA Arlington Heights Facebook page below!